SERGIO LOPEZ MONTOLIO
Computer Scientist - Software Engineer
Master's Degree in Computer Science from the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona School of Informatics (FIB) and Master's Degree in Computer Architecture Networks and Systems (CANS) from the same institution.
Innate passion to create or participate in projects conceived to reach people.
On my free time I enjoy programming microcontrolers, playing drums, freeskating and playing video games :)
- Efficiency rate: 1.00/1.00
- Graduated with Honors with Master thesis: "Research Endogamy as an Indicator of Conference Quality"
- A paper based in the research of this thesis was accepted and publisehd in the journal SIGMOD Record (June 2013, Vol. 42, No. 2)
- Efficiency rate: 1.00/1.00
- Long cycle: equivalent to Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree in Informatics Engineering
- Graduated with Honors with Final Thesis: "Secure Optimized Link State Routing Procotol: Specification and Implementation". This project was awarded with the best final thesis award of that year.
- BMAT is a global leader in music monitoring, tracking in 2000 TV and Radio Channels worldwide and servicing more than 30 Performing Rights Organizations in Europe, Americas and Asia.
- My responsibilities are to develop core technologies for the Vericast Music Monitoring Service with focus in big data management, retrieval and mining in combination with audio fingerprinting.
- Part of the Buscamedia project. Creating a matching engine for data aggregation, deduplication, search and identification. The engine uses music meta-data, artists information, composers, performers, albums, etc. combined with audio intrinsic characteristics (tempo, mood, rhythm, ...) to perform queries that output results with the levels of confidence.
- DEX Graph Database is used as storing technology where hundreds of millions of entities and relations are stored, indexed, processed and queried efficiently.
- IBM Centers for Advanced Studies: Researching in a project called Greener Database Management Systems. This project aims to create energy proportional DBMS combining both hardware and software techniques.
League of Legends Wallpaper editor
The League of Legends Wallpaper Editor is a online tool to create wallpapers using images from the popular MOBA game. The user can pick within the hundreds of included images extracted from different versions of the game client or upload their custom images to create unique compositions.
After the first year online more than 300 000 wallpapers were created with more than 1 000 000 images used. A infographic with some statistics after 1 year online can be seen here. Currently, more than 70 000 users visit the site every month that create more than 2 000 wallpapers daily.
This is a personal project I developed after creating some similar wallpapers (manually) and posted them online. After realizing that people liked the posters but wanted to personalize them with their favourite images, I went ahead and developed the website.